Kalsio® Benefits – not just calcium
Kalsio® is a made from selected species of organic fish bone sourced only from clean ocean waters of New Zealand.
The fish species used are caught under the environmentally sustainable quota management system enforced by the New Zealand Government Dept of Fisheries.
This fish bone is derived from small fine fish, and offers high amounts of Calcium in its natural form. Research has confirmed this fine bone has an excellent nutritional source.
Kalsio® is the only Calcium supplement containing both organic and inorganic constituents. Consisting of Calcium Phosphorus and trace minerals such as Magnesium, Zinc, Potassium, Silica, Rubidium, Magnese, Proteins as Collagen, Glycosaminoglycans and Amino Acids.
Kalsio® naturally contains a rich source of minerals and nutrients as follows:
Calcium: is an important component of a healthy diet and a mineral necessary for life. Calcium plays an important role in building stronger, more dense bones early in life and keeping bones strong and healthy later in life. Calcium also has a role in the normal growth and maintenance of bones, teeth, nervous system, muscle function, blood clotting mechanism and cardiac function.
Phosphorous: Phosphorus is an essential mineral that is required by every cell in the body for normal function. Phosphorus is a major structural component of bone in the form of a calcium phosphate salt called hydroxyapatite. Phosphorus also helps to maintain normal acid-base balance (pH) by acting as one of the body’s most important buffers.
Collagen: Can assist in the development of cartilage and bones. Collagen has great tensile strength and is the main component of fascia, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bone and skin.
Magnesium: is vital for healthy bone structure. Calcium interacts with magnesium in many body processes, such as the regulation of blood vessel tone and contraction of muscles, including heart muscle. Calcium stimulates muscles and contracts blood vessels, while magnesium relaxes muscles and dilates blood vessels.
FBP (Fish Bone Peptides) are known for the attraction of Calcium, thus providing superior transportation qualities – Trial research has demonstrated higher transportation of Calcium.
Many years of research has shown that the absorption of a supplement such as Kalsio™ Calcium has a superior quality due to its combination of intact crystalline structure, vibrant blend of Peptides, Mucopolysacchirides, and the growth factors that accompany the calcium in the true MCHC (Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite Compound).
In-vitro studies confirm that FBP (Fish bone Peptides) such Kalsio™ can inhibit the formation of insoluble CA (calcium) salts in a neutral pH. Invivo studies of FBP on CA (Calcium) bioavailability were examined over the experimental periods, and concluded that Calcium retention was increased and loss of bone mineral was decreased by FBP supplement.
Kalsio® shows greater bio-availability and therefore a greater amount of calcium is absorbed into the body.
- The first 100% Microcrystalline Hydroxyapitate Marine supplement produced from selected fish species offered to Australia.
- A complete protein based calcium supplement
- The only type of Calcium supplement to have supportive characters such as calcium binding peptides. (FBP) Fishbone Peptides are known for their attraction to calcium salts.
- The only type of calcium supplement presenting CO-factors proteins – FBP, collagen, phosphorous, magnesium, glycosaminogylcans and amino acids.
- The only calcium supplements in organic and inorganic form – excellent supportive properties – a synergistic approach to support bone health.
- The only calcium that is a natural 2:1 ratio with phosphorous.
- Has collagen and Fishbone Peptides in the form of proteins, that have shown excellent transportation properties.
- The bio-available results demonstrated the highest calcium transportation results over a 4 hour period.
- The solubilised calcium results confirmed all transported through the gut wall lining.
- The only type of calcium supplementation existing in natural form. No additives. 100% selected fine fish bone.
- 100% Marine Hydroxyapatite
- Natural Marine bone
- Readily absorbed unlike conventional calcium supplements
- High nutritional benefits
- Correct 2:1 Ratio of Calcium to Phosphorus
- No additives and DOES NOT contain Yeast, Starch, Gluten, and Fillers Wheat, artificial colour or additives.
Kalsio® is manufactured and processed to the highest international standards.
Kalsio® is specifically processed to retain the essential nutrients, and is manufactured to GMP, EU, HCUPP, NZMAF, Australian & New Zealand Food Safety Standards.
Recommended Daily Intake of Calcium
Children 1-3 years 500mg
Children 4-8 years 700mg
Children 9-11 years 1000mg
Teenagers 12-18 years 1300mg
Women 19-50 year 1000mg
Women 50+ 1300mg
Men 19-70 years 1000mg
Men 70+ 1300mg
Source: National Health and Medical Research Council (2006) Exectuive Summary of Nutrient Value for Australia and New Zealand including recommended Dietary Intakes. Commonwealth Dept of Health and Ageing, Australia, Ministry of Health New Zealand.